Friday, April 22, 2011

Ponyo's Playdate @ Battery Dog Park in NYC



Thursday, April 21, 2011:
Ponyo's first playdate with our neighbor's dog Bamboo. (in the first photo). Ponyo climbs up to the closet (his favorite hiding place- and then whines because he can't get down)....

Ponyo is my 4month year old chihuahua, born Dec 23, 2011 (funny enough on the day of my bf and my anniversary) .... we bought him at a pet shop in Brooklyn. It was Love at First Sight. Such a beautiful white puppy, so shy =, he fell asleep in my arms the moment I held him, and that was it. We took him home, nurtured him for the next week, non-stop.

Ponyo just got his last rabies shot, so now he's able to play with other dogs... Even though he is scared of them.... Literally he wants to be picked up immediately, or he simply bolts the other way once he sees one. hahah Poor Little Ponyo.... I bumped into our neighbor Valerie, whos the owner of Bamboo, they live 3 doors down, on the same floor as our building, and we immediatley exchanged numbers to make future Playdate Plans.

Today we met up at 1pm, in our buildings hallway. Bamboo got close to Ponyo and sniffed him. Ponyo was scared shitless, but it was definitely a good intro get together... we took a stroll to the park next to our place. There were a few small poodles that were very friendly. I made sure to keep Ponyo on his leash because last time he got so scared he escaped out of the dog fence and almost ran into the highway..... I hope Ponyo will slowly overcome his fear of other dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment